single mum of 3 beautiful children....... I have new hopes, aspirations and dreams, 1st to get debt free, pay off my mortgage, get healthy, buy a new car (accomplished), do some much needed home improvements- phewwww - deep breath.. and spend more time with my children. In July 2011 I took redundancy due to restructuring at work, and from 31st August 2011 I was no longer a teacher.

I have used this opportunity to set up my own home based childcare business which will mean a very big pay cut, but at the same time will give me the opportunity to raise my own children, and home educate my youngest. So I am going to have to realise my dreams with a little inginuity and and a new frugal lifestyle, so this is my journey......

Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, 16 December 2013

Fabulous weekend with the Munckins

Before Christmas we get very little time together as the family of 4 that we are, as big bit and mini man visit their relatives before the big day. So this weekend I had pre planned for a fun weekend for us all to get in the mood for Christmas, and spend some time together.

In effect I spend no money from my budget this weekend (except for £12 in petrol) as I had pre-bought the tickets to go ice skating and also Gulliver's world Christmas experience. I got the tickets when they were advertised at reduced rates which saved me over 40% on the actual cost.I packed us a flask of Hot Chocolate and a snack for afterwards, so I did not have to part with any extra cash while out.

So on Saturday we went ice skating, something I have not done since being a teenager myself, it was fntastic, we went to Skate the Park in Heaton park (my favorite place to be). Mini man took to it like a duck to water, ad lil lady was fearless, and absolutely loved it, whereas big bit and myself were more cautious, using the barrier for comfort :)







It was great to just laugh, and fabulous to watch the Munchkins just have fun and enjoy themselves. Moments like that are priceless.
 

Sunday we headed to Gulliver's world in Warrington. I bought a ticket which gave us access to the theme park, a panto with Christmas meal, and a train ride to Santa's Grotto with a present at the end.  In fact the price was less  per child than heading for Manchester Arndale and visiting Santa there and paying for a picture which we usually do, and a greater experience too.

Sandwiches and a flask of tea packed for on the way home.

On the train to visit Santa




In the winter wonderland




Visiting Santa.
 Lil lady introduced us all, and asked for a small teddy and a Rabbit. Somehow I don't think we are getting a Rabbit.
A quick ride before the show.

playing nice
It was such a great way to start our Christmas celebrations, now I am mounting down, only 4 more sleeps until I finish work for my Christmas break and some much needed quality time with the Munchkins and family

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful children you have! What a wonderful way to spend time together!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS/Nadolig Llawen(Welsh) to you all!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, and in Welsh too, I like, now I am going to figure out how to say it and annoy my children over the next week :))

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures Hun and lovely memories. You did so well to plan ahead like that. Good for you. Hope you all have a wonderful, family Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you too, have a great Christmas, I am feeling a little more festive now. x

      Delete

I am sorry but due to the amount of spam messages I no longer accept Anonymous comments. I do appreciate you stopping by, reading my ramblings and saying hello. Sharon x